Hair loss affects men and women differently, but any unwanted hair loss is associated with losing youth, and nobody likes that! There are hundreds of hair growth scams on the market, but research has proven that there are many controllable factors that overtake genetics. Hair loss has many other causes besides genetics.
Factors You Didn’t Realize Applied to Hair Loss
Here are eight things you might not have known that may cause you to lose your hair:
1. Protein deficiency – Protein is found in meat, chicken, fish, nuts, cheese, and eggs.
2. Vitamin B deficiency – All of the B vitamins, including B1, 6, and 12, are essential for your body and hair growth.
3. Emotional distress – This can be caused by life issues such as divorce or the death of a loved one. Emotional causes typically point to other existing reasons; they only encourage more hair loss.
4. Too much Vitamin A – The FDA-recommended daily dose for adults is 5,000 mg. This would be difficult to reach in a normal diet; supplements range from 2,500 – 10,000 mg.
5. Autoimmune issues – This is known as alopecia areata. This condition results from an overactive immune system, which accelerates the immune system, and it mistakenly sees the hair follicle as foreign and attacks it.
6. Stress – This is one of the most common causes of hair loss. If you experience a traumatic event or have an overabundance of stress from work or life situations, hair loss can begin in as little as a few months. After resolution, it may grow back, but everyone reacts differently.
7. Smoking – Scientists believe that smoking may damage the hair follicles.
8. Dental infections – Infections that include teeth have been linked to localized hair loss producing a bald spot.
Solutions for Unwanted Hair Loss
If you have lost your hair or are experiencing hair thinning, reach out to us at Neurosurgery & Beyond to schedule your consultation at our office and learn about your treatment options. We are conveniently located in Sacramento, CA. Contact us today to book your appointment and get started.